1) There is an overwhelming desire across all ages and spending categories for a local pharmacy.
2) There is a close correlation of that desire with the belief that there are enough residents and visitors to support it.
3) 89% of residents visit their current pharmacies at least once a month. Of that 89%, one-third (32.9%) do so weekly or more frequently.
4) Only 11.5% are age 34 or younger. Of the 2 older categories, 61% are at least age 55.
5) Customers spent an estimated $300,899 a year at the maximum of the 3 lower ranges and the minimum of the highest range of $3,500 or more. Spending was specified as out-of-pocket plus insured covered costs.
6) Survey excluded non-prescription spending.